Doppia Firma, which will open its doors from the 9th to the 14th of April, is a unique project by Michelangelo Foundation and Fondazione Cologni that brings together European design innovation and the ancient tradition of exquisite craftsmanship, creating a unique collection of exclusive and refined pieces to showcase at Milan Design Week 2019. The goal is to bring to life new creative artworks which merge contemporary design trends and authentic know-how.
Every year, the best contemporary designers and the most talented master artisans team up to create the masterpieces of Doppia Firma. The list of partnerships to admire in 2019 is:
- Tomás Alonso & Urs Bally (Wiener Silber Manufactur)
- Atelier Lachaert Dhanis & Studio Pieter Stockmans
- atelier oï & Masayuki Kajiwara
- Emmanuel Babled & Fundação Ricardo do Espirito Santo Silva
- Sam Baron & Ricardo Alegria (Vista Alegre)
- Boris Berlin & Mikkel Karlshøj
- Peter Bremers & Zdeněk Lhotský
- Mathilde Bretillot & Antoine Leperlier
- Maarten de Ceulaer & Atelier Mestdagh
- Roxanne Flick & Michael Nätscher
- Laura Fiaschi and Gabriele Pardi (Gum Design) & Riso Porcelain, a project curated by Hands on Design
- Christian Haas & José Vieira
- Karsten K. Krebs & Winfried Zeus (Porzellan Manufaktur Nymphenburg)
- Masquespacio & Poggi Ugo, a project curated by Valentina Ottobri
- Vito Nesta & Wallpaper_Sanpatrignano
- Marcello Panza & Pasquale De Palma (Capodimonte Porcellane d’Arte), a project curated by Made in Cloister
- Nick Ross & Dunedin Stone
- Victoria Wilmotte & Giorgio Angel
Sam Baron and Co. is a studio which offers creative solutions to design problems, embracing all kinds of projects from all over the world. Sam Baron works together with a team of young thinkers, blending creative skills to find challenging and original visions in contemporary design. Sam Baron loves the reinterpretation of traditional know-how to bring to life exceptional contemporary pieces. His creations are both artistic and functional, with cultural and historical pillars.
Sam Baron has worked in partnership with Portuguese ceramics brand Vista Alegre in the past.
Founded in 1824, the Porcelain Manufacturer Vista Alegre was the first manufacturing company dedicated to the production of porcelain in Portugal. The success of this innovative project was achieved thanks to the founder, José Ferreira Pinto Basto, a persistent spirit. In the path of its evolution, Vista Alegre was always deeply associated with Portuguese history and culture, which conquered a marvellous reputation worldwide.